share with your friends
- Duration: 6h
- Difficulty: medium
- Ground: mixed asphalt dirt roads
- Route: 75 km loop
ExcursionA MTB tour to the city of Matera (SELF-GUIDED) from Gioia del Colle to the city of Matera can be a unique and adventurous experience through the beautiful hills of Puglia and Basilicata. The tour starts from the town of Gioia del Colle, famous for its imposing Norman-Swabian castle, pedaling west through the surrounding hills, after encountering ancient farms, the route begins to climb along the hills of Basilicata. The climbs are not challenging, they are easy, and with an e-bike they are even easier . After about 2 hours of driving, we arrive in Matera, one of the oldest cities in the world, famous for its ancient sassi, dwellings and rock-hewn churches carved into the limestone that are scattered throughout the area. The city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers a wide range of tourist attractions, including the Matera Cathedral, the National Museum of Medieval and Modern Art of Basilicata, and the Murgia Materana Park. After exploring the city, you can return to Gioia del Colle following the same route, again enjoying breathtaking views along the way. Overall, this mountain bike tour offers a unique combination of adventure, culture and nature, and is a must-do experience for those who love the outdoors and want to discover the beauty of Puglia and Basilicata.
InclutedE-bikes,Helmet, Civil liability insurance, Assistance, GPX track
More InfoSuitable for people aged 14 and over in good physical shape, and rear bike seats are available for children up to 4 years old. Make sure to bring enough water and appropriate clothing for the activity and season.
- Meeting point: Gioia del Colle train station (how to get: BY CAR About 30 minutes from Bari, Matera and Taranto or BY TRAIN About 40 minutes via the Bari Taranto line)
- Meeting time: 8.30 (short briefing);
- Departure of the tour: 9.00;
- The tour ends at our headquarter (near the station)
Are you a group of at least 10 people?
Book now at a special price!
We organize your experience
- Guided Tour (stones, rupestrian churches, underground Matera, ancient ovens)
- Guided tour of Matera
- Wine tasting
- Food tasting
- Visit on van around Matera and viewpoints
- Tour of the ravines of Ginosa, Laterza, Castellaneta and Palagianello over several days
Let us know how you prefer your bike tour